Thursday, June 2, 2011

STUDIO BLOG: Day 8

Wow its already thursday. Its hard to believe that tomorrow is our last day here=( Im gonna miss this. I've gotten sad every time we have to stop recording. I love it so much. Today was a good day. We recorded the vocals for Whisper. This song pushes me vocally. We decided on singing the first half of the verses an octave higher then what we wrote them...not only that but I had to sing them softly. For anyone who doesnt know anything about singing...its hard to sing high notes in your range softly without  going into falsetto voice. So im going to be working a lot on my vocal range and capabilities when I get home! Im excited though! This song sounds sick. We did a few different takes of me screaming/growling/sounding more hardcore then I actually am =P Its quick but youll hear it. After that we worked on re-writting some parts of a song that the studio likes a lot but we as a band dont that much haha. While kris was recording harmonies for Whisper I went outside with an acoustic guitar and my macbook to write. We scratched some stuff and changed the chorus a good bit. We pretty much re-wrote the song 3 or 4 times. Its hard to scrap whole sections of lyrics and guitar riffs and re-write them completely. I found that kicking around a soccer ball around helps me write haha. We finally got something that the studio AND kris and I really liked. So thats the last song we have to do and then saturday kris and I are flying back to PA. Pretty stoked to put the finishing touches on everything tomorrow. Enjoy the pics!

Adding in some last minute string parts



oh yah =P

No comments:

Post a Comment