Tuesday, May 31, 2011

STUDIO BLOG: Day 6

Day 6 in the studio!! Today was great! We started out the day by doing more guitar tracking. We spent a lot of time getting the right tones for this song. We tried a few different pedals and and few variations of gain and distortion, we even used a few different guitars to really nail the tone we were looking for. It was awesome messing around with so many different guitars and tones. After we tracked all the rhythm/lead/and bass for this song we moved on to vocals. It was  a lot of fun working on this song. These new songs are so different then "Center Stage Shout Out" and you'll be able to hear that right away. The vocals alone are sung with so much more emotion and passion. Ben and Nick are helping me find my voices character and its really been cool. Ive been taking a lot of influence from Bano and Jared Leto's singing structure. Ben booked me a vocal lesson Brook Barrett Smith. She's done work with Brett Manning and actually made it to hollywood in american idol a few seasons back. It was the season with Daughtry on it and they have been friends ever since...sooo thats pretty cool! We went through some warm ups and we figured out a solid vocal warm up routine for my voice. She gave me some awesome tips and put me on the track to really proper vocal technique but at the same tip keeping my "rock" sound. It was great and im extremely excited to get back into the studio tomorrow to track more guitars and vocals=))
Enjoy the pics!!



My view from the vocal booth

No comments:

Post a Comment